Wednesday, December 3, 2014

What We Make of Today!

There is no time like NOW! In a world of what if's and no one can paint the future, we must take a stand for the moment that we live in now. I use to be one of the most optimistic people out there, sadly I even have my days where I only see the glass half empty. I think everyone in their life has their ups and downs. Like the old saying, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. Well it is true, although I won't lie sometimes I think it would be far easier if those things did just put us out of our misery. But this to shall pass and one must make the best out of the now.

I have nights were I lay in bed, tired as all, but my brain just wont shut off. Last night was one of those nights. I worked until midnight, got home put on a movie, watched it; and was still wide awake. Guess there is just a lot on my mind these days. Work is alright, nothing to write home about, the city of Tucson is ok, but there is bigger and better out there; and then relationships... Well as I get older it seems that I fall harder and harder for the woman that I am with, you could say I am a softy at my more mature years. Right now, my heart hurts and I'm working on ok each and every day... (great song by Cross Canadian Ragweed by the way!) They say it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. Not sure I really am buying this BS that they are trying to sale. But again, we live and we learn; and we move forward!! This is why I have some good days and some not so good days right now in life. It will get better, oh yes it will!

So what is it that we must do to make it today? Do what you love! Quit using excuses and take that bull by the horns; and kick its ass!! Pull up those boots up by the strap and march to your own beat. Today is the day I start living... for ME!! Just like one of Stuart Smally laughable quotes, "I deserve good things, I am entitled to my share of happiness. I refuse to beat myself up. I am an attractive person. I am fun to be with." I love it!! This is me to a T. I deserve good things in my life, that means a great career that I am actually appreciated, not just another worker bee and people that want to include me in their life, because well I am just awesome.

Today is my day; and from here on out, if you aren't with me then go fuck yourselves!!

P.S. one more thing... Have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment